Monday 10 August 2009

A Few Quotes

Hi folks,


I'm busy reading The Ragamuffin Gospel, by Brennan Manning, an excellent book.
http://bit.ly/5iV8J

these quotes come from chapter 2; Magnificent Monotony.


Julian of Norwich; "The greatest honor we can give the Almighty God is to live gladly because of the knowledge of his love."


Jacques Martain; "The culmination of knowledge is not conceptual but experiential."


Ignatuis of Loyola; " The direct experience of God is Grace indeed, and basically there is no one to whom it is refused."


3 quotes that Brennan then goes onto to expand, you'll have to read the book to find out more!


But what strikes me more and more as I journey with God is that we experience this Grace at first however slowly but surely let the Law replaces it as we get travel weary.


My prayer therefore more than ever is that I (We) experience God's Grace daily in our lives.

Just recently whilst speaking about Grace at a friends church I was overwhelmed with "This Grace" as I was speaking, It disarmed me and I thank God that I experienced the transformation as I spoke, in addition those listening responed to the message and numerous Grace transactions occured. He truly is wonderful.

The Psalmist says "Be Still and Know" friends today take timeout to know "This Grace" that surpasses all understanding, its well worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment